Whoa, yeah I know…it’s been a while since I’ve done this. But here we go.
- The prompt is a line from the previous week’s winning tale.
- The prompt can appear ANYWHERE in your story and is included in your word count.
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge, which means your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 250.
- Incorporate the prompt as written anywhere into your story (included in your word count).
- Post your story in the comments section of this post
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging)
- Include your Twitter handle or email (so we know how to find you)
- The challenge is open 7 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time
- The winner will be announced on Friday, depending on how early the judge gets up. 😉
Our Judge for Week 52:
“There’s this girl you see.”
He used the same gun he always had, but he watched as his partner struggled with something new. It was heavy, bigger than she was used to and with her small hands, she was having a hard time getting a good grip.
“You’re gonna get us killed,” he murmured, wincing when she shot him a menacing glare.
She shrugged him off. “Oh shut up. You were in the middle of asking me something?” She reached for something smaller, something she was much more used to.
He walked ahead of her, his hands pocketed as they began trotting up a flight a stairs. “There’s this girl you see…”
She rolled her eyes. “You’re asking me relationship advice?!”
“You’re the only one of us in a function relationship! Yeah, I’m asking you!”
“Jesus, Vernon, what do you expect me to say?”
He shrugged, his features becoming tighter as he lifted his gun, checked the ammo and then removed the safety. “I just…I like her, ya know?”
She moved to the other side of the door, poised and aimed, and also shaking her head. On three, they kicked the door in. There was yelling, screaming, and gunfire, and by the time they were through, the carpeted floor was squishy with blood and the walls were splatter. The air around them was thick, heavy with the scent of musk and gun powder.
Alexandra holstered her gun and called in the bounty. “So…..how are you going to tell her about all this?”