I missed #ThursThreads yesterday and I am kicking myself for it. 😦 Oh well, that was yesterday and today is Friday, which means I get to try my hand at some more yummy flash fiction. I really liked the picture for this weeks. Also, once again, the rules are below. 🙂
* Word limit: 150 word story exactly (no grace this week. Be brutal!) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (which had better be 150 or face the wrath of the Disqualification Dragon) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A most emphatically dragonish e-trophy badge, your own clever winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and UNIVERSAL ADORATION (or as close as we can get you to it). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for inclusion in Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/latest dragon fashions (shockingly, silk is OUT once again). And now for your prompt:
Black suit and tie, he strolled to me with his hands in his pocket, his grey eyes glued on me.
“Thought you didn’t want to see me anymore?”
He frowned. “Can’t and don’t are two different things.”
I hugged myself. “So why here? Why by this statue?” We turned to stare at the three hooded figures carved out of stone, darkening the park and the fountain.
“This is what happens to a Reaper when they blow their cover. We are imprisoned in stone for eternity.” He turned me to him, and my guilt wouldn’t let me look at him. “I can only tell you once, because after this you’ll have no memory of me at all…but I do love you, Shoshanna.”
I was crying and I hated it. “I love you too.”
And then he was gone. Blinking, I turned to the statues, frowned. Something about them made me sad…